Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Embu Campus is situated one kilometer from Embu town, along Embu-Meru highway behind Embu Level Five Hospital, in Embu County.
Started in 1975 by missionaries as a Health Training College, it remained under Sister Barry’s administration as the Principal until 1987 when Kenya Medical Training College took over management of the Campus, offering Enrolled Community Nursing Certificate course. The KMTC Embu Campus was officially opened by Hon. Kenneth Matiba in 1987.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:
- Higher Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing (Distance Learning)
The following courses will commence in September 2019:
- Higher Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery – Family Health
- Higher Diploma in Family Health Nursing
- Higher Diploma in Pain Management
The Campus has high-class facilities, many of which are new or have been recently renovated to cater for students’ training needs. It also has a well-equipped library networked with unlimited access to internet for both students and staff.
There is also a well-equipped computer lab where students receive world-class training from faculty members with knowledge and dedication to make your dreams come true.
There are fully equipped skills labs, with life-like models to provide you with opportunities to freely master nursing and medical skills before visiting clinical areas to deal with real patients.
Classes, conference rooms, staff offices, library and dining hall are all available to ensure students’ conducive learning atmosphere and welfare.
Staff quarters are situated near the Campus so that faculty and staff can conveniently take care of students’ learning needs. In addition, a house keeper resides within the Campus premises to cater for students’ needs.
The Campus has students’ accommodation facilities to make their access to learning areas more convenient.
Currently, with over 750 students, Embu Campus has continued to produce competent health workers who are serving in the County and beyond in various capacities.
Clinical Experience Sites
Our close proximity to Embu County Teaching and Referral Hospital ensures that our students get the much-needed exposure to competent staff, top-of-the-range equipment and other facilities.
For clinical experience, our students are attached to Kiritiri, Kianjokoma and Kibugu health centers, and other local health facilities which familiarize them with real-life experience in the communities where they will eventually work upon graduation. Our team of dedicated and experienced lecturers make weekly visits to follow up on the performance of students.
Clubs, Societies and Sports
You will become a member of active clubs and a vibrant student representative council at the Campus, which represents students’ grievances to the administration. Among the clubs are Changerz, which advocates for behavior change among students in and outside the Campus.
We also have vibrant religious groups to nourish your spiritual needs. Student Facilitating Club (STUFFAC) for nursing and clinical medicine students guides you throughout your student life, ensuring you master important medical skills in the lab before you go to the clinical areas to deal with real patients.
If you have an interest in sports, Embu is the place to be. Be it in volleyball, football, basketball, rugby, netball, darts, table tennis, chess, scrabble or badminton, Embu Campus will make your interest in the games fulfilling.
Campus Contact Information: –
KMTC Embu Campus
P.O. Box 923 – 60100
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them