Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Eldoret Campus is located in Eldoret town within Uasin-Gishu County, next to Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital. It was established in 1977 as a School of Nursing, training Kenya Enrolled Community Health Nursing (KECHN).
In 1987, Hospital Maintenance School was established with the aid of Austria and German Governments and Ministry of Health, Kenya. The population per intake was 12 students per class.
In 1991, the School of Nursing was upgraded to train Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN), with an intake of 30 students per class and training of certificate course was stopped. In 1996, Nursing and Hospital Maintenance Schools were merged to form the current KMTC Eldoret Campus.
In September 2003, Certificate in Medical Engineering was upgraded to Diploma with an increased number of intakes from 12 to 25 students per class. In the same year, Diploma in Clinical Medicine was started with an intake of 50 students per class. Higher Diploma in Anaesthesia was started in 2006 while in-service Medical Engineering was started in March 2014.
Programmes and Courses currently offered
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences
- Diploma in Medical Engineering
- Higher Diploma in Anaesthesia
- Certificate in Medical Engineering
The facilities available in our Campus include:
- Spacious classrooms
- Equipped medical engineering workshops
- Computer and skills laboratories
- Well-stocked library
- Modern hostels
- Student and staff clinic. The clinic is also open to members of the public.
The Campus has a current population of over 1000 students, a number that is expected to go up in the next intake.
Clinical experience sites
KMTC Eldoret’s proximity to Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital ensures that our students get the much-needed skills using the modern equipment available in the hospital. Other areas used for clinical experience include:
- Huruma Sub County Hospital
- Uasin Gishu County Hospital
- Rural health facilities such as Turbo, Mosoriot and Burnt Forest
Clubs, societies and sports
KMTC Eldoret is home of athletics, and is one of the leading Campuses in athletics. When you join the Campus, you will enjoy a variety of sports offered such as netball, football, rugby, hockey, basketball, darts and indoor games.
We also have clubs which advocate for behavior change among students in and outside the Campus like students’ team of counsellors and educators, charitable groups, videography and environment group. The students are also allowed to form clubs that are beneficial to the Campus.
The Campus encourages and supports religious groups to nourish spiritual needs of students.
Campus Contact Information: –
KMTC Eldoret Campus
P.O. Box 520 – 30100, Eldoret.
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them