The Kenya Medical Training College, KMTC, has 7 Faculties with 18 Departments offering 76 Medical Courses. The College also offers short courses. The Diploma Courses usually take three years while, certificate courses last for two years.
Below are the 18 departments and programmes offered therein.
- Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Department of Dental Technology
- Department of Health Promotion and Community Health
- Department of Health Records and Information Technology
- Department of Medical Education
- Department of Medical Engineering
- Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- Department of Optometry
- Department of Orthopaedic Technology
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Radiography and Imaging (Medical Imaging Sciences)
- Department Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine
- Department of Community Oral Health
- Department of Physiotherapy
- Short Courses
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
KMTC Courses Minimum Entry Requirements
To join KMTC to pursue a Certificate course, you must have a minimum of C- with specific qualifications in cluster subjects in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examinations (KCSE).
For Diploma programmes, you must have attained a minimum of C with specific qualifications in cluster subjects.
Upgrading courses require that a candidate has a certificate in a respective field while for Higher Diploma programmes, candidates must have attained a Diploma course as per the following guidelines.
The following table is a summary of the requirements for courses offered:
Level of training
Duration of training
A minimum aggregate of C- with relevant combination of other subjects is a requirement.
2 years with the exception of nursing which takes 2 ½ years
KCSE mean grade of C (or equivalent) with relevant combination of other subjects such as English, Kiswahili, Biology, Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Physical Sciences.
3 years except Community Health Nursing which lasts 3 ½ years
Holders of a certificate in relevant fields and at least two years working experience.
2 years except Community Health Nursing which lasts 18 Months
Holders of basic Diploma in relevant fields and at least a minimum of two years working experience.
Individuals and groups such as corporate bodies, companies and government ministries interested in any course or courses can make a written request for arrangements to be made.
2 weeks – 3 Months
KMTC School Fees
There are two fee categories namely:
- Foreign (as detailed in the current fees structure)
Fees structure is subject to changes from time to time
Students are advised to pay fees on annual basis to avoid interruption of training
Upon dismissal, fees are not refundable.
NB: Students are advised to make financial arrangements to cover expenses related to Practical attachment; Research etc. details are available from respective faculties upon reporting.
All stationery is the responsibility of the student.
Students are encouraged to buy their own textbooks, and specific course book lists are usually provided as an admission package to assist in purchasing books.
All special medical equipment in each course i.e. Stethoscopes etc are the responsibility of the student.
KMTC Fees Payment Options
Account number: 01003086514000
Account Name: Central Collection Account
Bank: National Bank of Kenya
Branch: Hospital Branch
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them
Make sure you pay to the right account number(National Id or Birth Certificate ) as used during registration.
All applicants to KMTC are advised to ensure that their applications are correctly done so as to compete for opportunities fairly; some of the areas to note are as follows;
- KMTC has many courses at various levels and varying entry requirement clusters hence taking time to read the advertisement that has key information necessary for the application to be made with clear information
- Determine the course you would like to study and be sure you qualify.
- Plan for your training at KMTC on time, funding and social support
- Be ready to take up your course if successful in any part of this country since our campuses are spread all over the country
- Follow APPLICATION GUIDELINES and ensure you have applied in time and correctly
- Remain active on email remembering your credentials that you can access your email at any time.
31. Lake Victoria
59. Port Reitz
64. Tana River