Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Chwele Campus is situated in Kabuchai Constituency, Bungoma County, off Bungoma/ Kimilili junction South of Sichei Mixed Boys and Girls Secondary School.
It is situated on a 29½ acre land which was procured by the Constituency Development Fund by the then area Member of Parliament Hon. Moses Wetangula and constructed with the support of the Iranian Government at a cost of Kshs. 90 million.
KMTC Chwele Campus officially opened its doors for admission of its pioneer class offering Certificate in Health Records and Information on 23rd September, 2014 with 101 students.
In September 2017, the Campus started an Up-grading Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology. This is a two-year program which allows students who have done the certificate course to upgrade to a diploma. Admissions take place twice a year, in March and September to meet competitive demand of health workers within the country and internationally. Currently there are 250 students.
At KMTC Chwele Campus, we will assist you to apply for your dream course. We have an admissions desk officer who will guide on KMTC wide range of courses and also assist you to apply online, free of charge. At KMTC Chwele Campus the doors are open to stakeholders, the community and students to come partner, visit and learn. We believe that through fostering partnerships together we can grow to greater heights.
Programmess and Courses currently offered:
- Certificate in Health Records and Information
- Up-grading Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology.
In the coming academic years, we are expecting to expand and offer more programmes like:
- Certificate/ Diploma in Nutrition and
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse
Additional programs will follow thereafter.
In the near future the college envisions to have a referral hospital as this was the dream of the community on conception.
Currently KMTC Chwele has the following infrastructure;
- Lecture rooms
- Lecture hall
- Computer laboratory fully installed with internet connectivity
- A resource center (library) equipped with the latest reading materials
- Social hall
- Wi-fi connectivity throughout the Campus
- Modern hostels
Clinical Experience Sites
Practical placements are conducted at the various County teaching and referral hospitals throughout the country.
Clubs, Societies and Sports
At KMTC Chwele, we encourage the Physical health of our staff and students. In addition to our students participating in various sports, clubs and societies, we are in the process of enhancing our sports facilities to cater for a variety of sporting activities.
The Chwele Campus fraternity believes that saving the environment, saves the earth and life. We are a team with one goal of a neat and clean environment.
Campus Contact Information: –
KMTC Chwele Campus
P.O Box 112 – 50202
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them