Home Education News Portal How to Request a Form One Placement Transfer To Another School Online

How to Request a Form One Placement Transfer To Another School Online


Candidates for the 2021 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) who are dissatisfied with the secondary school they were allocated to can now request for readmission to their preferred institutions.

It’s important to note that seeking a change of form one placement is entirely done online.

Follow the simple procedures below to apply for a change of form one placement.

1.The parent or guardian should submit a request to the school of choice, requesting that the child be transferred there. Depending on the available (unfilled) slots, the school will then shortlist and merit all students on the waiting (request) list, and make a choice on which students they would want to accept.

2.The school will enter the details of the selected candidates from their waiting list into the National Education Management System, NEMIS –http://nemis.education.go.ke/, and request that the Ministry enroll them in the new school.

3.Approval of school requests will be given at various levels, depending on the school’s Category. The Ministry’s Head Office, Regional Coordinators, and County Directors will provide approval for National, Extra County, and County schools respectively.

4.Once the approval has been granted, the learner will then be moved from the selection list of the first school to the latest (new) school.

5.The parent/ guardian will then go online and print the admission letter for the new school.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here