HOW TO VALIDATE/ INVALIDATE THIRD PARTY DEDUCTIONS
To stop unwanted deductions from your payslip, use the procedure below;
1). Access the TSC online payslip system by using the address; https://payslip.tsc.go.ke
2). Log onto your account by entering the TSC Number and Password.
3). Once logged in, Click on “3rd Party Self-Service Module”. A window christened ‘Running Transaction Details’ is displayed.
4). Click on the checkbox to the right of any transaction(s); under the ‘Status’ column, and click the “Reject Transaction(s)” button to stop any unwanted transaction(s).
5) Rejecting a transaction(s) will stop the deduction immediately.
6). To confirm if the stoppage is successful, check the transaction status by clicking “My Transactions” link on the Payslip home page.
N/B; For any queries call the official TSC customer Care @: 0202892153,0202892154,0202892156, 0202892157,0202892158
Services offered by the TSC portal
The various TSC online services have made it easier for teachers to carry out different tasks right at home. It is no longer necessary for teachers to physically show up at offices in order to get some things done. Some of the services offered by the TSC portal include:
T-Pay (TSC payslip)
T-Pay is an online service provided by the portal that allows teachers registered under the commission to access their TSC online payslips. To register for T-Pay (TSC payslip registration), one needs to visit the nearest TSC county office with their original national identification card. The TSC payslip online login page only requires that you log in using your Teachers Service Commission number and password. Also, note that T-Pay allows you to access your payslips online for free.
TPAD is an open appraisal system that allows teachers in primary and secondary schools to evaluate their own performance in a bid to initiate professional development. TPAD stands for Teacher Performance Appraisal and Development. The appraisal system helps to maintain teaching standards at an institutional level. TPAD was developed in accordance with the Teachers Service Commission Code of Regulation for Teachers reg 52(1) which required the Teachers Service Commission to develop an open appraisal system for teachers.
Guide for filling in your TPAD form
In order to go about filling in the TPAD form, use the following guideline.
Visit the Teachers Service Commission online portal.
- Under ‘Online Services’, select ‘Teacher Appraisal’.
You shall then be directed to a new page where you will be prompted to log in. If it is your first time using TPAD, use your Teachers Service Commission number as your username and password in order to create your TPAD account.
You will then be redirected to a ‘Manage Account’ screen where you shall be prompted to change your password. Here, enter your current password (Teachers Service Commission number) and the new password you would like to change to.
- You will then receive a confirmation note. Click ‘Login’.
Now, log in using your Teachers Service Commission number as the username and your new password.
- To finalize registration to the Teachers Service Commission TPAD online service, you will be prompted to enter the following details: your first name, last name, national ID number, Teachers Service Commission number, email address, phone number, and gender.
- After this, you shall be directed to the TPAD homepage.
On the TPAD homepage, click ‘Data’, then click ‘Institutions’.
Click ‘My Institution’. A list of teachers in your institution will be displayed. Proceed to click the appraisal button just beside your name. In case the appraisal form is not displayed, click on ‘Create New’.
- Fill in all the fields in the form such as the year of appraisal, term, appraiser Teachers Service Commission number, and appraiser designation.
- After filling in the required fields, click ‘Create’.
Click the ‘Action’ drop-down arrow, select the respective form you want to fill, and click ‘Save data’ after filling each of the forms.
Checking status of teacher registration application
The Teachers Service Commission portal also allows one to track the process of teacher registration for those who have just applied for Teachers Service Commission numbers. To check your TSC registration status:
Visit the Teachers Service Commission online portal.
- Click ‘Status of Teacher Registration Application’.
- You shall be directed to another page where you will be required to enter your ID number or passport number in order to check how far your registration process has gone.
For wealth declaration, teachers have to fill in an online form that is made up of two sections: Part A and Part B.
Part A: For all employees
- Visit the Teachers Service Commission portal
Go to ‘Teachers Online Services’
Click ‘Declaration of Income, Assets and Liabilities’ link.
To create your password:
- Enter your TSC number in the field provided and click ‘Next’.
- Enter your mobile number and your email address. Please make sure that the email address you provide is working as you will need it for resetting your password. Furthermore, a copy of the confirmation of declaration submission will be sent to your email address.
- Set your preferred password and repeat it to confirm, then click ‘Next’.
To log in:
Type your Teachers Service Commission number.
Enter your password.
Click ‘Log in’.
General information and biodata
Read the general information. Click ‘Next’.
Fill in the following details: a place of birth, marital status, postal address, and permanent address.
Declaring income, assets, and liabilities
Enter details of your income, liabilities, and assets
Capturing dependants and spouses
- Enter their details and click ‘Save’.
For the declaration of income, assets, and liabilities of your dependants
- Click ‘Declare statement’ under ‘Actions’. Click ‘Next’ If not applicable.
Add details of their assets, liabilities, and income. Click ‘Add/Save’ after each. Click ‘Next’.
Capturing more information
- Add any other relevant information. Click ‘Add/Save’. Click ‘Next’ when you are done.
Capturing witness details and viewing declaration summary
- Enter the witness’ details and click ‘Save’. The details you will be required to enter include the witness’ first name, last name, middle name, address, and their ID/passport number.
- Click ‘View Summary’.
- If you would like to make any adjustments, click the desired menu on the left.
When you are done, click ‘Submit’.
Part B: For administrators
This section is used for the actual monitoring of income, assets, and liabilities.
- Click ‘Monitor Declaration of Income Assets and Liabilities’.
- Check the status of the declaration in the ‘Compliance’ column.
- State the reasons for non-compliance.
- Click ‘Save’.
New teacher registration
According to Art 237 of the Teachers Service Commission Act 2012, it is an offense for any person to engage in the teaching service profession unless he or she is registered as a teacher. As such, it is paramount for all those who wish to practice teaching to ensure that they are registered teachers.
For TSC online registration, you will need to scan and upload the following documents:
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates
- National identity card
- Bank slip
- One passport size photo
- KRA pin certificate
- GP69 form
- Certificate of good conduct
Entry and work permits for non-Kenyans.
To go about TSC number registration, follow this simple procedure:
Visit the Teachers Service Commission online portal.
Click ‘New Teacher Registration’.
You will be directed to a screen where you will be required to type in your ID number or passport number and your surname. Click ‘Next’ after doing this.
- On the next screen, you will be required to enter the applicant’s basic details. Here, you will need to provide information such as your first name, other names, your date of birth, religion, gender, permanent address, and current address. After filling in, click ‘Next’.
- On the next screen, you shall enter your education and professional qualifications. You will enter information such as the name of the institution, date (from and to), specialization, certificate, certificate number, and certificate date.
You will then need to upload the certificates. To upload, under the ‘Upload’ tab, click ‘Add’ and you will be taken to a screen where you choose the scanned document and upload it. After uploading, you will be taken to a screen with the following message in blue: ‘File Uploaded!’
- Click the ‘Back’ button to upload other documents.
Once you have uploaded all the documents, click ‘Next’.
- You will be directed to the next screen which will show you the documents you have uploaded. Click ‘Next’ to move to the next form
- .In this section, you will need to enter other details such as the major subjects you studied, the minor subjects studied, and your previous Teachers Service Commission number(if you had one).
- You will then be required to answer some yes/no questions and provide certain details according to the answer chosen.
Select the payment mode, type in the pay-in-slip number, and save and finalize your application. For new teacher registration, a non-refundable fee of Kshs. 1055/- should be deposited to the Teachers Service Commission Registration Account National Bank of Kenya (Direct Banking to A/C No. 01001000905001). Alternatively, the payment can be made using simple banking using Pay Bill Business Number 625625 (Kshs. 1,000 is a non-refundable registration fee, and Kshs. 55 is the bank commission charge to the Teachers Service Commission).
Note that once your application is successful, you will be issued with a certificate of registration bearing your Teachers Service Commission number within thirty days of finalizing your application.
Application for a duplicate certificate of registration
TSC online system also allows you to apply for a duplicate certificate of registration in case yours is lost, destroyed, or misplaced. The commission does not allow any paper applications for this. To go about this, you need to provide truthful information only, scan, and attach the required documents.
For the application for a duplicate certificate of registration, one is required to pay a non-refundable fee of Kshs. 2055 deposited to the Teachers Service Commission Registration Account: National Bank of Kenya – Direct Banking A/C No. 0100100570400.
Always ensure that you have the bank deposit slip before proceeding with duplicate certificate registration.
To get in touch with TSC officers, use the following contact details:
Head office contacts
Private Bag – Nairobi
020 289 2000
P. O. BOX 49416 – 00100, Nairobi GPO
Use the following contact details to get in touch with county directors of the respective counties listed:
P. O. BOX 2964 – 50100, Kakamega
P. O. BOX 1285 – 50200, Bungoma
P. O. BOX 1453 – 50300, Maragoli
P. O. BOX 196 – 50400, Busia
For county directors in the Nyanza region, use these contacts:
P. O. BOX 7489 – 40100, Kisumu
P. O. BOX 556 – 40200, Kisii
P. O. BOX 622 – 40600, Siaya
Homa Bay County
P. O. BOX 673 – 40300, Homa Bay
P. O. BOX 760 – 40400, Migori
To get in touch with county directors from North Eastern, make use of these contact details:
P. O. BOX 1688 – 70100, Garissa
P. O. BOX 264 – 70300, Mandera
P. O. BOX 507 – 70200, Wajir
P. O. BOX 362 – 60500, Marsabit
Use these contacts to get in touch with county directors of education in the Coast region
P. O. BOX 1227 – 80108, Kilifi
P. O. BOX 448 – 80500, Lamu
Taita Taveta County
P. O. BOX 351 – 80305, Mwatate
Tana River County
P. O. BOX 133 – 70101, Hola
P. O. BOX 88869 – 80100, Mombasa
P. O. BOX 76 – 80403, Kwale
These are the contact details of county directors in the Eastern region of Kenya:
P. O. BOX 2754 – 60100, Embu
P. O. BOX 2966 – 60200, Meru
P. O. BOX 797 – 60300, Isiolo
P. O. BOX 351 – 90100, Machakos
P. O. BOX 1541 – 90200, Kitui
P. O. BOX 505 – 90300, Makueni
Tharaka Nithi County
P. O. BOX 781 – 60215, Chuka
Rift Valley region
For county directors in Rift Valley:
P. O. BOX 293 – 30500, Lodwar
West Pokot County
P. O. BOX 32 – 20600, Kapenguria
P. O. BOX 32 – 20600, Maralal
Trans Nzoia County
P. O. BOX 4442 – 30200, Kitale
Uasin Gishu County
P. O. BOX 256 – 30100, Eldoret
Elgeyo Marakwet County
P. O. BOX 384 – 30700, Iten
P. O. BOX 1123 – 30300, Kapsabet
P. O. BOX 17 – 30400, Kabarnet
P. O. BOX 491 – 20100, Nakuru
P. O. BOX 931 – 20500, Narok
P. O. BOX 2280 – 20200, Kericho
P. O. BOX 369 – 20400, Bomet
P. O. BOX 560 – 01100, Kajiado
County directors in the Central region can be contacted through:
P. O. BOX 484- 10400, Nanyuki
P. O. BOX 526 – 10100, Nyeri
P. O. BOX, Kerugoya
P. O. BOX, Muranga
P. O. BOX 28 – 00900, Kiambu
P. O. BOX 224 – 20303, Olkalao
Given the TSC portal services outlined above, it can be said that the online system has made it easier for both the commission and teachers to carry out their duties effectively.