ABOUT KMTCSituated about three kilometers on the northern side of Nairobi city, Kenya, KMTC headquarters and the main campus, Nairobi, stand on a 20-acre piece of land, opposite Kenyatta National Hospital, along Old Mbagathi Road.With over 34,000 students attending more than 70 medical courses, KMTC makes the biggest single contribution to the health sector in Kenya and is currently producing more than 8000 graduates every year for both the Kenyan public and private health sectors, accounting for more than 80 percent of the hospitals’ workforce.The institution boasts of a highly qualified and experienced teaching and administrative staff. It has a strength of over 1,900 members of staff.The national distribution of the College is its biggest uniqueness. With 65 constituent colleges spread throughout the country as far as Lodwar and Garissa, Loitoktok and Kisumu, the impact of the College in improving healthcare is felt in all parts of the country.
KMTC Admissions.At KMTC, we offer a wide range of courses, from certificate to diploma to higher diploma, which reflects the institution’s responsiveness to the needs of our nation.
Entry Requirements:To join KMTC to pursue a certificate course, you must have a minimum of C- with specific qualifications in cluster subjects in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examinations. For diploma programmes, you must have attained a minimum of C with specific qualifications in cluster subjects. Upgrading courses require that a candidate has a certificate in a respective field while for higher diploma programmes, candidates must have attained a diploma course as per the following guidelines.The following table is a summary of the requirements for courses offered:
|Level of training
|Duration of training
|A minimum aggregate of C- with relevant combination of other subjects is a requirement.
|2 years with the exception of nursing which takes 2 ½ years
|KCSE mean grade of C (or equivalent) with relevant combination of other subjects such as English, Kiswahili, Biology, Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Physical Sciences.
|3 years except Community Health Nursing which lasts 3 ½ years
|Holders of a certificate in relevant fields and at least two years working experience.
|2 years except Community Health Nursing which lasts 18 Months
|Holders of basic diploma in relevant fields and at least a minimum of two years working experience.
|Individuals and groups such as corporate bodies, companies and government ministries interested in any course or courses can make a written request for arrangements to be made.
How to apply
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them
Please NoteAll applicants to KMTC are advised to ensure that their applications are correctly done so as to compete for opportunities fairly; some of the areas to note are as follows;
- KMTC has many courses at various levels and varying entry requirement clusters hence taking time to read the advertisement that has key information necessary for the application to be made with clear information
- Determine the course you would like to study and be sure you qualify.
- Plan for your training at KMTC on time, funding and social support
- Be ready to take up your course if successful in any part of this country since our campuses are spread all over the country
- Follow APPLICATION GUIDELINES and ensure you have applied in time and correctly
- Remain active on email remembering your credentials that you can access your email at any time.
How to pay fees:
FeesThere are three fee categories namely:
- Foreign (as detailed in the Current fees structure)
- Fees structure is subject to changes from time to time
- Students are advised to pay fees on annual basis to avoid interruption of training
- Upon dismissal, fees are not refundable.
StationeryAll stationary is the responsibility of the student.Students are encouraged to buy their own textbooks, and specific course book lists are usually provided as an admission package to assist in purchasing books.
Medical EquipmentAll special medical equipment in each course i.e. Stethoscopes etc are the responsibility of the student.
Payment OptionsAccount number: 01003086514000Account Name: Central Collection AccountBank: National Bank of KenyaBranch: Hospital Branch
How to apply for financial assistance:Click on the link to access information on organizations offering financial aid to students admitted to KMTC courses:http://kmtc.ac.ke/site/kmtc-financial-aid/
KMTC Campuses:KMTC has 65 campuses spread throughout the country: http://kmtc.ac.ke/site/campus-list/
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Porta
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
COURSES OFFERED AT KMTCThe Kenya Medical Training College, KMTC, offers a wide range of health related Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma courses. Here is a list of available courses;
A. PRE-SERVICE TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
1). Diploma in Clinical Medicine Requirements: i). C in English or Kiswahili, and C in Biology/Biological Science, and C in Chemistry/Physical Science ii). C- in any one of the following: Mathematics, Physics/Physical Sciences2 Diploma in Community Oral Health Requirements: i). C in English or Kiswahili and Biology/Biological Sciences ii). C- in any two of the following: Physics/Physical Science, Chemistry, Mathematics3 Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics Requirements: i). C in English or Kiswahili and C- Biology/Biological Sciences ii). D+ in Chemistry iii). D+ in any one of the following: Home Science, Agriculture, Mathematics, Physics, Physical Sciences or General Science4 Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology Requirements: i). C in English or Kiswahili and Mathematics ii). C- in Biology/Biological Sciences iii). C- in any one of the following: Physics/Physical Science, Chemistry, computer studies5). Diploma in Community Health Nursing
- • C in English or Kiswahili and Biology/Biological Sciences. 3800
- • C- in any one of the following: Chemistry or Physics/Physical Science or Mathematics
- How to get Certificates from KMTC; Requirements
- Reasons why KMTC is the best, largest, producer of Clinical officers and other health officers in Kenya.
- Applications for KMTC Courses
- Complete guide to KMTC Courses, Application procedure, Requirements, Fees and many more
- • C in English or Kiswahili and Biology/Biological Sciences.
- • C- in any one of the following: Chemistry or Physics/Physical 100 Science or Mathematics
- • C in English or Kiswahili and Physics/Physical Science and Biology/ Biological Sciences 250
- • C- in any one of the following: – Mathematics or Chemistry
- • C in English or Kiswahili and Biology/Biological Sciences and Chemistry/Physical Sciences 580
- • C in any one of the following: – Physics/Physical Sciences, Mathematics
- • C in English or Kiswahili and Biology/Biological Sciences 150
- • C- in any two of the following: – Physics, Physical Science, Chemistry,Mathematics, Agriculture, Home Science
- • C in English or Kiswahili and Mathematics.
- • C- in the following: – Biology/ Biological Sciences, Physics/Physical Sciences
- • C in English or Kiswahili and Biology and Physics/Physical Science or Mathematics
- • C- in any one of the following: – Physics/Physical Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Woodwork, Metal Work, Technical Drawing.
- • C in English or Kiswahili and Chemistry or Physical Science and Biology or Biological Science
- • C in any one of the following: – Physics or Mathematics
- • C in English or Kiswahili and C- Biology
- • C- in any two of the following: -Chemistry , Mathematics , Physics/ Physical Science or Mathematics
- • C in English or Kiswahili and Mathematics and Physics/Physical Sciences
- • C- in any one of the following: – Biology/Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Electricity, Metal Work, Technical Drawing
- • C in English or Kiswahili and Biology/Biological Sciences
- • C- in Mathematics and any one of the following: Physics/Physical Science, Chemistry
- • C in English or Kiswahili and Physics/Physical Science or Chemistry
- • C- Biology/Biological Sciences and in any one of the following: Metal Work, Physics, Physical Science, Chemistry, Mathematics
- • C in English or Kiswahili, C in Biology/Biological Sciences and Mathematics or Physics/Physical Sciences
- C- in any one of the following: Physics/Physical Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Home Science, Agriculture.
- Kisii University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kenya Methodist University, kemu, Education and other Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kibabii University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Karatina University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kabaraki University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Education courses offered at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga, JOOUST, University:Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Universities that offer education courses, teaching combinations, offered, requirements and how to apply for Chuka university courses