The admission of the 2020 form ones in all private and public Secondary schools shall be, exclusively, done via the Education Ministry’s National Education Management Information System (NEMIS).
For complete information on all schools in Kenya, including best private and public schools, please visit this link: Schools Portal; Complete guide to all schools in Kenya
Required DocumentsHere is the complete list of items required for admitting a new student/ form one via the National Education Management Information System, NEMIS:
- The admission letter.
- The learner’s index number, in full.
- The Learner’s Birth Certificate.
- The learner’s Unique Personal Identifier, UPI.
- The learner’s Contact details: Home county, Home Sub- County, Postal address, E-mail address and Phone Number.
- Learner’s passport size photograph.
- Learner’s special needs; if any.
- Mother’s details: ID Number, Name, E-mail and mobile number.
- Father’s Details: ID Number, Name, E-mail and mobile number.
- Guardian’s Details: ID Number, Name, E-mail and mobile number.
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
The Admission processStudents will present their letters upon arrival for admission. The schools will then verify the existence of their names in the system. The form ones who report to Secondary schools, as placed by the Ministry, will undergo the following admission process:
- The form one reports to the school where placed by the NEMIS system and presents the admission letter that must be downloaded from the Education Ministry’s portal at http://www.education.go.ke/index.php/online-services/form-one-selection. (This is applicable to National, Extra County and County Schools)
- The admission letter is received by the principal or any other individual as may be delegated by the principal.
- The Principal or delegated individual will then log onto the NEMIS system by using a smartphone, tablet or computer that has been connected to the internet (Since the admission process can only be executed online). Log onto the NEMIS system by using the official Ministry’s links: http://nemis.education.go.ke/ or http://nemissystem.education.go.ke/
- Once logged in (by entering the User Name and Password which is at the disposal of the Principal), Click on the tab indicated as ‘LEARNER’.
- From the drop down list, select Admit/Capture request.
- On the new window, type in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education, KCPE, index number on the search UPI/INDEX box and click on search.
- The NEMIS system will automatically load, and display, the student’s details showing that the learner is selected to join the school. In case the learner has not been selected to join the school, please advise him/ her to go to the school where the placement has been effected as shown on the NEMIS system or get help from the local Education office. If the student is selected to join the school, then click on ‘ADMIT’.
- Fill in the required information to successfully complete the admission process.
- Repeat steps 1 to 8, above, for all the 2020 form ones selected to join the school.
- You can confirm whether the learners have been captured correctly by Selecting ‘View my Learners’ from the ‘LEARNER’ tab
The ‘Learner’ Tab on NEMISThe ‘LEARNER’ tab, on the NEMIS window, can also be used to carry out the following learner related operations:
- PENDING REGISTRATION: View a list of learners whose Registration is pending. These are learners whose details have not been entered as required i.e missing some information like their photographs.
- VIEW MY LEARNERS: A menu used to view the list of all learners whose details have been fully updated on the NEMIS system.
- LIST OF ADMISSION REQUESTS: Shows the list of admission requests as uploaded onto the NEMIS system for approval by the Ministry of Education’s field officers.
- LIST OF PROCESSED ADMISSION REQUESTS: To display the list of learners whose admission requests have been approved by the Ministry of Education’s Field officers.
- RECEIVE LEARNER: Used to admit a continuing learner; who has transferred from another school.
- RELEASE LEARNER: Used to transfer a learner to join another school after the transfer has been granted by the Education Ministry’s Field Officers.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals