The 2019 December new Competency Based Curriculum, CBC, training dates for teachers and other officials have been released by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC). The training date for the Curriculum Support Officers, CSOs, and CBC champions will be from Friday 20th December 2019 to 22nd December, 2019. This training will be executed on the said date; nationally but at different venues per county. Here is part of the circular from TSC concerning the CBC training sessions; this December; “It has been decided that we shall have county CBC training for CSOs and CBC champions Friday 20th December 2019 to 22nd December 2019. Kindly confirm the venues as they were in August 2019. Invite all the CBC champions as they were in August 2019 and do not exceed the number required for each training centre. Organize the logistics of the training for the CSOs and CBC champions. Review also the zonal teacher training centres. We shall inform you the dates for the zonal teachers training by Monday 16th December 2019”. Also read;
- Best Performing Boys’ Secondary schools per county
- Best performing mixed schools per county
- Best performing Girls’ Secondary schools per county
- Full list of all top and best [performing Boys’ Secondary schools per county
- Best performing County schools per county
- Best performing Extra County Schools per county
For all details about other schools in Kenya, please visit the link below;
Here are the TSC set payment rates for travel allowance, remuneration and meals entitled to Curriculum Support Officers (CSO), teachers and Headteachers attending the training;
CSO AND CBC CHAMPIONS TRAINING
- 1). Every participant will be reimbursed travel expenses to and fro as per prevailing fares up to a maximum of Kshs.1000 (For CSO) and 800 (for the Champions)
- 2). Training institution to provide venue and meals (2 teas and lunch) at Kshs.400 per day for 3 days and stationery at Kshs.100 per participant.
- 3). Every participant shall be paid Kshs. 3,000 daily subsistence allowance to cater for accommodation for 4 days.
TEACHERS AND HEADTEACHERS ZONAL TRAINING
- 1). Every teacher shall be reimbursed Kshs.300 per day to cater for travel expenses.
- 2). Every CSO and CBC champion shall be paid Kshs.1000 as facilitation allowance per day for 5 days.
- 3). Every participant shall be paid Kshs.1000 per day for 5 days to cater for their accommodation.
- 4). Common lunch shall be provided at Kshs.400 per day per participant and facilitators for 5 days.
- 5). Kshs.100 per participant has been provided for stationery.
- 6). Fuel of Kshs.5000 per vehicle for maximum of 2 vehicles per county and 3 vehicles for counties hosting the Regional Director.
- 7). Lunch allowance up to a maximum of Kshs.1500 per day shall be paid for 5 days to the Regional Directors, County directors, Deputy County Directors, 2 drivers and the County Accounts. This shall be paid as per the prevailing rates per job groups.
- 1). All payments shall be processed through bank and not cash. There shall be no cash withdrawals to pay participants and venues.
- 2). The funds may be disbursed through bulk M-pesa services offered by the bank.
- 3). The County Account shall prepare payment schedules in the format prescribed by their respective banks.
- 4). All payment schedules must be approved by County Director before dispatch to the bank
- 5). The Accountant shall retain a copy of schedule acknowledged by the bank.
Here are links to the most important news portals:
Home KNEC News Portal December 2019 CBC training for teachers; Dates, Venues and Payment rates