Maryhill Girls High School is a girls’ national boarding school situated in Thika along Thika – Gatukuyu road.
|Maryhill Girls’ High School was founded in 1933 when some great missionary women (Sisters of Our Lady of Africa) answered the call of serving the children who were born of mixed races in East Africa. These children were discriminated upon on the African, European and Asian Schools. The school acquired its name from Mary Mother of Jesus and the hill on which it stands. Soon after independence, the school acquired a new phase where the first bright African girls were admitted and Maryhill became one of the most prestigious schools in the country. The school was later turned into a public school. In 1989 when the school presented the first candidates in 8-4-4 system of education.|
|Maryhill Girls High School is a girls’ national boarding school situated in Thika along Thika – Gatukuyu road. The school has a student population of 1616 students currently. It is an eight streamed school offering seventeen subjects in the 8-4-4- curriculum. The school also offers a variety of other co-curricular activities such as Drama, Music, variety of games like hockey, swimming, volleyball, tennis to name but a few.|
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Porta
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
- MARYHILL GIRLS’ HIGH SCHOOL, PO BOX 9-0100, THIKA.
- TEL: 020-2011779
- CELL PHONE: +254-704-983-017
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.maryhillgirls.ac.ke/
- KNEC Code: 11200006
- Parents’ Login Portal: http://schoolswebportal.com/maryhill/school/index.php?vlu=stdresult
How to download the Maryhill Admission letter
To download the school’s admission letter click on this link; http://schoolswebportal.com/maryhill/school/index.php?admission_letter
Maryhill Girls’ Admission Criteria
The school admits students with 350 marks and above. For continuing students, they should have at least a B (plain) in the previous exams.
Maryhill Girls’ Mission Statement
To provide equal educational opportunities for the Kenyan girl child. To develop her full potential in a multicultural and competitive environment through discipline, moral and spiritual development and to foster skills in self-reliance, leadership and responsibility based on team work, efficiency, commitment and diligence.
Maryhill Girls’ Motto: Toil For Excellence
Maryhill Girls’ Vision: To make Maryhill Girls High School a centre of excellence.
Maryhill Girls’ KCSE Results Analysis
Touted as one of the best performing schools in Kenya, Maryhill Girls has maintained a good run in performance at the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams; over the years. In 2018, for instance, the school recorded a performance index of 76.826; A- (minus) out of a candidature of 185 students. For 2019 exams the school had a candidature of 337 students. The table below shows past KCSE results for the school;
|Exam Year||No. of Students||Mean Score||Mean Grade||A||A-||B+||B||B-||C+||C||C-||D+||D||D-||E|
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals