Teachers have been caught by a huge surprise after realizing that AON Minet which provides medical cover to them decided to place them in lower job groups. Teachers who logged onto their accounts discovered that they had been placed in lower grades meaning they will enjoy limited services and cover. This is because the cost of the medical cover provided to teachers is dependent on the respective teachers’ job group. A spot check on the TSC contracted AON portal, the teachers have been placed in inferior grades and thus will not enjoy all benefits attached to the current job grade. Teachers complained that their details on the AON portal showed a grade lesser than where placed currently by their employer, the Teachers Service Commision (TSC). “Login into Aon minet self care portal using the link above (https://collaborationkenya.minet.com/tsc) and check the job group you are listed into and gender. This is because a majority of us are listed in job group K and yet you are in Job group L or above, thus depriving you a significant amount of cash e.g the inpatient cover for K is 450,000 while in L its 600,000,’ complained one teacher. It is notably not possible for one to change the Job group by self because the tab has been disabled by AON Minet. Consequently, one should visit the AON offices or contact them via phone for assistance before December 6. To view a list of all AON Contacts and Physical offices please click on; All contacts, physical location and names for the AON Minet county managers and how to easily register TSC recently renewed AON Minet contract for another period on three (3) years.
Remember to update details of your dependants.The medical scheme allows for change of dependents at the beginning of a policy year. If you wish to do this you have until 6th December, 2019. These changes will officially take effect in the month of December. Kindly log in to https://collaborationkenya.minet.com/tsc, click on change of dependent, fill in the changes as required and attach supporting documentation as listed on the form.
HOW TO CHECK IF DEPENDANTS DETAILS ARE WELL CAPTUREDOnce dependants have been registered, it is important to check on the AON portal to see if the captured details are correct. But, the dependants must first be captured on AON portal. This can be done by using the Minet Self Service Portal; https://collaborationkenya.minet.com/tsc The same portal can be used to upload dependants’ supportive documents.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO UPLOAD AND HOW TO DO ITAfter successfully registering, one has to provide proof via uploaded documentation. The documentation includes that for all dependants. The following documents are required, where necessary:
- 1). Adoption document; for any adopted child.
- 2). Birth Certificate/ Birth Notification for all registered children.
- 3). Change of Dependant document.
- 4). Change of details document; whenever an amendment is made to the originally declared information.
- 5). Marriage document/ Marriage certificate.
- 6). National Identity Card.
- 7). Proof of Disability.
- 8). Proof of school (A school ID is required).
For more details on the AON Minet Medical Cover… Visit the TSC News Portal by clicking on:
- AON Minet medical cover by TSC; the complete guide to registration of teacher, dependants, uploading dependants documents and getting AON services
- The new AON Minet medical cover for TSC teachers and staff; benefits per job group and medical services
- List of AON Minet medical cover accredited hospitals, contacts and how to register : medical cover news
- Complete guide to the new enhanced AON Minet medical cover for teachers: TSC news
- Teachers’ TSC medical scheme; list of required AON Minet documents and how to upload them online
More reading on TSC News;
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number