KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
2023 KCSE, KCPE Registration Documents in PDF
2023 KCSE EXAMINATION PRIVATE CANDIDATES’ ENTRY FORM
(To be filled in triplicate)
(Original: KNEC Copy; Duplicate – SCDE’s Office copy; Triplicate: Candidate’s Copy)
Please read the instructions at the back of the document before completing the form.
|TO BE FILLED BY SUB COUNTY EDUCATION OFFICER|
|COUNTY NAME: CODE: SUB-COUNTY NAME: CENTRE NAME:
CENTRE NO. CANDIDATES’S NUMBER:
|1. CANDIDATE’S FULL NAME (SURNAME FIRST) 25 SPACES|
- GENDER: Please tick (√) Male Female
- YEAR OF BIRTH:
- IDENTITY CARD NO.
- MOBILE PHONE NO.
- QUALIFICATIONS (Attach Copies of Certificates/ Result slips and Identity Card)
KCSE YEAR; INDEX NO (FOR REPEATERS)
KCPE YEAR: INDEX NO: CPE YEAR: INDEX NO: QUALIFYING TEST: YEAR: INDEX NO: EQUATION LETTER: YEAR: REFERENCE NO:
- SCHOOL WHERE TO SIT FOR PRACTICAL EXAMINATION
NAME: CODE NO:
- SUBJECTS CHOICES (see back of form for requirements)
|INDICATE CODES OF SUBJECTS CHOICES|
|GROUP I (All Compulsory)|
|Mathematics Option “A”||121 (choose one|
|Mathematics Option “B”||122 option)|
|Biology for the Blind||236|
|General Science||237 (to be taken with 122 )|
|History & Government||311|
|Christian Religious Ed.||313 (choose one option)|
|Islamic Religious Ed.||314|
|Hindu Religious Ed.||315|
|Art & Design*||442|
|Power Mechanics *||447|
|Drawing & Design *||449|
|Computer Studies *||451|
|Kenya Sign language*||504|
- KCSE EXAMINATION PRIVATE AND REPEATING CANDIDATES’ REGISTRATION FEE:
Basic fees= 2,700 per candidate Subject fee=400 per subject
Regular private candidates
|No. of Subjects||7||8||9|
Candidates repeating less than 7 subjects
|No. of Subjects||1||2||3||4||5|
Add Kshs. 200/= for the subjects with Project/ Practical components (see subjects with*) Add Kshs 500 for Orals/Aural (see subjects with**) & 2,500 for Aviation technology (see subjects with ***)
|TO BE FILLED BY S.C.E.O|
|Verified by: Total Shs: Receipts No.
- DECLARATION BY CANDIDATE:
I declare that, I have read and understood the entry requirements for the registration of KCSE examination and that the particulars which I have given on this entry form are correct. I understand that I shall be allowed to sit for only those subjects and papers for which I have entered on this form.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR KCSE PRIVATE CANDIDATES
- Private Candidates wishing to enter for the KCSE examination must fulfill the following conditions:
- They must be holders of:
- a valid KCPE certificate, EACE, KCE or a foreign qualification accompanied by a KNEC equation letter; or
- a primary certificate other than KCPE (CPE or Foreign) and a qualifying test result slip from KNEC indicating that they have passed the KNEC KCSE Qualifying Test;
- They must produce evidence of having spent at least 3 years preceding the year of KCSE examination registration after sitting the KCPE /other primary examinations;
- They must produce a letter of confirmation from the SCDE/Principal of the approved private candidate examination centre where the candidate will sit for the practical examinations papers;
- They must produce a National Identity card, passport or an alien card (for foreign candidates). Where this is not possible, the Birth Certificate and evidence of National Identity card application (waiting card) will be required;
- They must download the private candidates’ registration forms from the KNEC website (knec- portal.ac.ke) and fill it before reporting to the SCDE’s office for further instructions.
- Subjects Choices
- Candidate must enter for at least 7 subjects which must include the following:
- From Group I: All the three subjects of Code 101, 102 and either121 (option ‘A’ ) or 122 (option ‘B’);
- From Group II: At least two subjects of Code Numbers 231, 232 , 233,236 (Blind candidates) or 237 for Option ‘B’;
- From Group III: At least one subject code of 311,312 or any one among 313/314/315.
- Note: Only one of the Religious subjects 313, 314 , 315 and one Mathematics option is to be
- Choose one other subject selected from the remaining subjects in Group II, III and IV (Code Numbers
441,442,443, 444,445,446,447,448,449,450 and 451) or V(Code Numbers 501,502,503,504,511 and
- Candidates can sit for a maximum of 9 subjects and the extra 1 or 2 subjects can be selected from the remaining subjects of groups II, III, IV and V.
There are two categories of repeaters:-
- Repeaters taking the minimum 7 subjects
Candidates who wish to repeat and get a mean grade must repeat the entire examination with a minimum of 7 and maximum of 9 subjects as per the subject entry requirements`. They must ensure that all the regulations for the certificate award criteria are observed. These candidates should be given regular index numbers (001-499) for school and private repeaters and may re-sit as many times as they wish as long as they meet entry requirements;
- Candidates who choose to repeat less than 7
These candidates must have sat for KCSE not more than three years preceding the year of the examination. These candidates should be given index numbers ending with 501,502 etc for School and Private repeaters.
- Candidates repeating as prescribed 3.2 above must not introduce new subjects that they did not sit for
during the first attempt;
These candidates can sit for a minimum of one (1) subject and a maximum of six (6) subjects;
These candidates will get a supplementary result slip which will only show a subject grade. The subject grade(s) on the result slip will not be used to alter the mean grade attained previously;
Candidates repeating less than 7 subjects and who sat for the KCSE examination previously will only be allowed to repeat THRICE in the THREE subsequent years following the FIRST ATTEMPT.
- Practical Papers
Private and repeating candidates will be informed by the SCEO’s where they will sit for practical papers at the time of registration.
Subject changes are not permitted once registration has been done.
Candidates entering for French, German, Arabic and Music should be aware of the early dates for Aural and Oral Examinations. These examinations will only be done at specific centers to be arranged at the Sub County. Candidates will be expected to make their own travel arrangements to the centre.
- Candidates entered for subjects with Project Papers should take note that their projects should be prepared and assessed as per the following schedule:-
Home Science (441) – October – November every year Art and Design (442) – March to September every year Agriculture (443) – March to September every year Woodwork (444)
Metal work (445) March – September every year Building Construction (446)
Power Mechanics (447)
Electricity (448) Period to be indicated on the timetable Drawing & Design (449)
Aviation Technology (450)
Computer Studies (451) – March to September every year
During this period they are required to prepare their projects at the school that is hosting them for the practical projects examination.
- A candidate who withdraws from the examination will NOT be entitled to a
Candidates are expected to check in the KNEC website to ascertain the correctness of their entries before closure of registration and to alert the SCEO’s office for any amendments to be effected before end of the registration period. No amendments will be effected after this.
- Registration of candidates will end on 30th March 2023. Any entries received at the Council after this date will not be accepted irrespective of when the money was deposited in the KNEC accounts. Candidates deposit fees individually in the KNEC deposit accounts.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure the accuracy of his/her registration details. All candidates MUST report to the Sub County Education Officer (SCEO) to sign the nominal roll and to verify their registration details after the closure of the registration period.