The Kenya Prisons Service wishes to announce to the general public vacancies for General Cadet, Medical Cadet Officers and Medical Technicians.
Prospective candidates wishing to apply MUST satisfy the general conditions and requirements given below;
• Must be a Kenyan citizen;
• Have a valid National Identification Card;
• Have no criminal record;
• Be between the ages of 18-30 years for diploma/certificate holders; OR
• Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years for degree holders;
• Be between the ages of 18 and 32 years for medical consultants;
• Be at least 5 feet 4 inches tall for men and 5 feet 2 inches tall for women;
• Be physically and medically fit;
• Must have good hearing and clear vision;
• Female candidates MUST not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire training period.
On recruitment, candidates will undergo an intensive Government sponsored para-military initial training course lasting not less than nine (9) months for technicians and thirteen (13) months for general cadet officers.
The recruitment exercise will be absolutely FREE. Bribery and other acts of corruption are unlawful. Any person presenting themselves for recruitment with falsified or fake academic/professional certificates, identity cards, or engaging in any acts that amount to corruption SHALL be disqualified, arrested and prosecuted.
Members of the public are warned that recruitment will only be conducted at the listed recruitment centre and on the day as indicated.
Any person therefore purporting to be issuing calling letters away from the recruiting centre should be treated as a criminal.
Prospective candidates MUST carry their original National identification card, birth certificate, KRA PIN certificate, academic certificates and other testimonials on the day of interview.
a) Medical practitioners; Candidates must possess;
i. A minimum mean grade of C+ at KCSE
ii. An undergraduate/post graduate degree from a recognized institution of higher learning and
iii. Registered with the relevant statutory bodies.
b) General Cadets: Candidates must possess;
i. A minimum mean grade of C+ at KCSE
ii. A relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized institution of higher learning;
c) Medical Technicians; Candidates must possess;
I. A minimum mean grade of C (Plain) at KCSE or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution and /or
II. Possess a relevant diploma/certificate from a recognized institution and registered with the relevant statutory bodies where applicable
STATE DEPARTMENT FOR CORRECTIONAL SERVICES KENYA PRISONS SERVICE GENERAL CADETS
1. Medical officers
3. General Surgeons
4. Orthopedic Surgeons
5. ENT surgeon
6. Obstetrician /Gynecologist
14. Dental Officers
15. Public Health Officer
16. Nutrition and dietetics Officer
17. Graduate Teachers
18. Social Workers
21. Security Management Officers
23. Public Administration and Management Officers
25. Information Communication Officers
26. Disaster Management Officers
27. Gender Development Officers
28. Veterinary Doctors
29. Actuarial Scientists
32. Project Planning Management Officers
33. Library and Information Management Officers
1. Clinical Officers
2. Kenya Registered Community Health Nurses
3. Pharmaceutical Technologists
4. Plaster Technician/Technologists
5. Orthopedic Technologists
6. General Physiotherapists
7. Specialist Physiotherapist
8. Occupational Therapists
9. Dental Technologists
10. Community Oral Health Officers
11. Medical Laboratory Technologists
12. Medical Engineering Technologists
13. General Radiographers
15. Dental Radiographer
16. Health Records Information Management Officers-HRIMO
17. ICT Officers
18. Nutrition & Dietetic Technologists
19. Public Health Officers
20. Health Promotion Officers
21. Medical Social Workers
22. Health Administrative Officers
23. Mortuary Attendants
Any other degree relevant to correctional work.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by filling the PSC.2 (REVISED 2016) application form which can be downloaded from https://www.publicservice.go.ke and attach clear photocopies of relevant academic/professional certificates and their National identification cards (ID).
Completed applications should be addressed to;
THE COMMISSIONER GENERAL OF PRISONS
P. O BOX 30175-00100
and delivered at:
WHICH IS SITUATED ALONG BISHOPS ROAD, COMMUNITY AREA
So as to reach the Commissioner General of Prisons before 11th FEBRUARY, 2022.
NB: Successfully shortlisted candidates will be notified via print media by 1st MARCH, 2022.