The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, will now conduct Promotions and transfer of teachers. This is after the Commission launched a new E-platform for teachers. Consequently, effective March 1, 2021 there will be no manual applications for promotions, transfers and recruitment of teachers in the Country.
Via a circular by TSC boss Dr. Nancy Macharia and which is dated February 15, the Commission directs teachers to activate their emails by April 30th this year.
“The exercise of activating the emails takes effect from February 15 and will close on April 30. Upon the expiry of the registration window, all emails outside the e-platform shall not be acted upon,” the circular reads in part.
How the new TSC E-platform will assist teachers
The new platform will be used by all teachers employed by the Commission; including those on Internship. According to TSC, the new e-platform will be used for official emails, virtual meetings and remote learning. This will see official letters, Circulars, Pay-slips and responses to teachers’ inquiries among others done online.
These latest developments come at a time when TSC has completed digitizing teachers’ files at the head quarter offices in Upper Hill, Nairobi.
Teachers seeking transfers will now file their applications online as opposed to the manual application process.
- How to apply for a TSC teacher transfer online; Step by step guide
- Simple TSC Email activation steps for teachers at https://tscsearch.azurewebsites.net/
- TSC issues new guidelines for teachers seeking services at the Headquarters in Upper Hill, Nairobi
A number of other TSC services that have now been fully digitized. These include: applications for promotions, applications for employment and new teacher registration among others.
All Heads of Institutions and teachers including those on internship are required to activate their email accounts provided on the platform and use it for all communications to the Commission. The official email will take the format of the teacher’s name, the last two digits of the TSC number @mwalimu.tsc.go.ke.
In addition to an official personal account, heads of institutions are to open a separate head-of-institution email. This address will be available to subsequent heads of institutions for continuity.
Heads of institutions shall update the teachers official email address and registered personal mobile phone number in the Teacher Management Information System (TMIS) within 30 days after all teachers in the institution have activated their emails.
The Commission runs a number of online portals for teachers. These include:
- TSC TPAD 2 portal- 2021; http://tpad2.tsc.go.ke/
- TSC payslip for teachers online: Register, login and get the payslip at payslips portal https://payslip.tsc.go.ke/
- TSC online portal; https://teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/
- The TSC portal https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke/site/index for filling wealth returns online
- TSC internship application portal; https://hrmis.tsc.go.ke/app/login
- TSC TMIS Portal (https://www.teachersonline.go.ke) for teachers and schools; How to register, log in and update data
- TSC News Portal: The Teachers Service Commission