Mwalimu National Sacco has reviewed the loans’ lending rates for members. In the latest move, members’ loan borrowing ability will be limited.
Members of the Sacco have been enjoying increased borrowing ability following the Pay As You Earn, PAYE, tax relief of 5% at the onset of the Covid pandemic. The waiver was granted by President Uhuru Kenyatta to cushion citizens against the adverse effects of COVID- 19 and is to cease by 31st December 2020.
“We do, therefore, notify all our esteemed members on revision of our lending terms that the tax relief will not be used as part of borrowing ability for all our credit facilities effective 12th October, 2020. This policy change ensures that, members borrow within the two-third of the salary allowable deduction as required by the law and our organization’s By-laws.” Says Mwalimu National Sacco Chief Executive Officer, Alphonse Kaio via a circular dated October 9, 2020.
Kaio says the latest move will ‘also forestall the likelihood of Non-Performing loans that could pose a challenge to our financial performance.’
“The change on lending terms will be applicable on all loans and advance forms, received by the Society with effect from 12th October 2020.” He adds.
- Mwalimu National SACCO Loans; Members now to use tax relief to get loans
- A full list of all Mwalimu National SACCO’s branches across the county: Physical locations and contacts.
- Guide to Mwalimu National SACCO savings, dividends, loans, requirements and many more
- Mwalimu National SACCO makes changes on its loan products; Read the details here
- Mwalimu National SACCO Agency Banking, Mobile loans and App; How to apply for loans via phone
- Mwalimu National SACCO branches countrywide; Location and contacts
- Mwalimu National SACCO members portal login, website and how to join
- Mwalimu National SACCO Loans, Branches, Contacts, Forms, Mobile services, How to join, Website and Portal login
- Mwalimu Nationa SACCO loans and how to apply: Check off, Salary loans
- Physical location, phone and email contacts of the various Mwalimu National SACCO branches in Kenya