Kiambu county has the largest number of chief principals in the country. This is according to the latest data provided by the Teachers Service Commission, TSC, on institutional administrators. Kiambu has 17 chief principals out of the total 151 in the whole country. In the second position is Homa-bay with 10 followed by Nyeri (9).
In rock bottom are counties of Isiolo, Lamu, Kwale, Marsabit, Tana-River and Turkana with no chief principals.
Chief Principals manage National and Extra County secondary schools with over 1000 students. They, currently, earn a basic salary of between Sh111,201 and Sh152,937 per month and will now earn between Sh121,814 and Sh157,656; effective July 1, 2020. Chief principals fall in Grade D5 (Job Group Q and R).
In the ranking of senior principals, Murang’a county tops with 60 followed by Kakamega (56), Kiambu (55) and Meru (53).
Senior Principals head County secondary Schools with over 540 students. These Principals currently pocket a monthly salary of between Sh109,249 and Sh118,169. They are set to receive an increase of between Sh3,721 and Sh8,993. These tutors will then earn a monthly perk of Sh118,242 and 121,890 per month at the end of July, 2020.
- TSC- List of all the new Teachers’ Job Groups/ Grades
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
See the table below that summarizes data for school administrators per county;
|County||Chief Principals||Senior Principals||Principals||Senior head teachers|
- Types of allowances paid to TSC teachers
- Hardship areas as listed by TSC and Hardship allowance rates per job group
- TSC grades and qualifications for various administrative positions in schools; complete guide
- List of all administrative positions per school category as set by TSC
- Designation codes for all TSC teachers’ job groups.
- A detailed analysis of all TSC teachers’ grades/ Job groups
- TSC- Promotion requirements for teachers
- TSC payslip for teachers online: Register, login and get the payslip at payslips portal https://payslip.tsc.go.ke/