The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has moved to ensure teachers are in school most times. The Commission has instituted a raft of measures to curb absenteeism among the over 300,000 teachers on its payroll.
“In order to optimally utilize the teaching resources institution and ensure delivery of quality teaching services, the commission reiterate the need for all teachers and Head of institutions to be available in schools at all times to undertake the assigned teaching and administrative duties. In this regard you are directed to ensure absence from school is minimized at all costs,” the Commission says in a circular to school Heads and Curriculum Support officers.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
The Commission has been in logger heads with the Ministry of Education after canceling most functions organized by the latter and involving teachers. To be absent from school, teachers will now have to seek for written permission.
“A written permission should be granted through the Headteacher and absence and reason for the same recorded in the school logbook,” says the Commission.
Heads of primary institution are to obtain written permission from TSC subcounty director to be away from school. The School heads must also seek for permission from the Sub County Director whenever they are to use funds for meetings taking place away from their schools.
Activities that require teachers’ participation should be scheduled over the weekends and school holidays to minimize absenteeism. This also includes all the Kenya Secondary Schools Heads Association, KESSHA, and Kenya primary Schools Heads Association, KEPSHA, activities and conferences.
All elected SACCO, union and societies officials are required to schedule their programs during weekends and school holidays.
Activities that are not core to teaching administrative duties assigned to teachers and school administrative staff should not be carried during the programmed teaching hours.
In a move to ensure no lesson goes unattended, arrangements should be made for all classes to be attended in the absence of assigned teacher. Make up arrangements for untaught lessons should be recorded in the logbook.
LINKS TO TSC SERVICES & DOCUMENTS; ONLINE
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number