The fate of this year’s Nyanza Region Kenya Music Festivals regional workshop remains unknown after the Ministry of Education and local Teachers Service Commission (TSC) Officials sent conflicting directives. Teachers were expected to assemble at Kisii school on Tuesday ahead of the official opening of the training on Wednesday.
According to an invitation letter sent by the Nyanza Region Director of Education Richard Chepkawai, reporting and registration was to be on March 3, 2020. Training of the Music trainers would then be executed between March 4 and 6, 2020.
“Training shall be in the following (areas): Music, Dance and Elocution. There shall be a participation fee of KShs. 2,500 per ‘participant,” says Chepkawai in the circular dated February 26, 2020.
Then came a warning note to the Principals. “Please note that the Commission (TSC) has not given clearance for the Regional music workshop at Kisii School. Do not release teachers for the workshop until clearance is given from TSC headquarters,” read the message sent to one of the Principals.
This would then send teachers into confusion mode. “I have been released from school already. In fact I have booked into a hotel in Kisii and paid for three days. Stopping the meeting at this stage will mean that I do not the refund of the accommodation fees. Again, my Principal will be unwilling to release me at a later date for the same training; in case it is rescheduled,” said a worried teacher who sought anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
OFFICIALS INSIST ‘TRAINING IS ON’
But, Music officials who had reported to Kisii school on Tuesday insisted the meeting was on as planned. But the Music trainers (teachers) urged the officials to make official communication to the Principals to release teachers.
These supremacy wars between TSC and Ministry officials seem to be weighing-in heavily on the harmonious execution of Co-curricular activities. It should be noted that the activities are run by the Ministry of Education but teachers who perform various roles (as coaches, officials and referees) in making the activities successful are under TSC.
As at the time of going to press it was not clear whether the Kisii Seminar will go on as planned or the officials would consider postponing it; to a later date and preferably over the Weekend.
BEST LINKS TO TSC SERVICES & DOCUMENTS; ONLINE
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number