The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has released a new form for Teachers’ performance Appraisal (TPAD). This form will be used to capture data that will entered onto the new TPAD 2 that will be used with effect from January 2020 onward. The purpose of the Staff Performance Appraisal is to assess an officer’s performance in the job comprehensively and objectively, with the help of full knowledge and understanding of the job descriptions and requirements.
The information in the Appraisal Report will be used in assessing training needs and determining the officer’s potential for promotion. It is therefore, important to provide accurate information about the officer.
The staff appraisal should reflect work output, achievement as well as display competencies over the review period. The report covers all the TSC Secretariat staff, except the Commissioners and the Commission Secretary.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Appraisee: This is the officer being assessed.
- Appraiser: This is the appraisee’s immediate supervisor.
- Countersigning Officer: This is the head of Unit/Section/Division/Department
The appraisee is supplied with a copy of the appraisal form and divisional/sectional performance targets at the beginning of the review period. The appraisee is expected to draw an individual work plan which will form the basis of this performance report.
The form shall be completed in duplicate. The appraisal will be done quarterly and at the end of the fourth quarter, the original report will be forwarded to DSHRM by 31st July of every year. The duplicate will be retained by the appraisee.
PART 1 PERSONAL DATA
This part should be fully completed by the appraisee to provide personal details and employment record.
PART 2 PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
In this part, opportunity is provided to the appraisee and appraiser to jointly discuss the appraisee’s performance in terms of departmental/divisional objectives, agreed work targets, performance standards, output and expected results. It also assesses the skills and competencies exhibited.
This part is divided into 5 sections:
- Parts 2A -2D; will provide evaluation on appraisees performance for each of the four quarters. This will account for 80% of the overall rating.
- Part 2E: In this part the appraisee is rated on behavioral attributes which reflect the Commission’s Core values. This will account for 20% of the overall rating.
- PART 3 OVERALL RATING; The Quarterly scores in Parts 2A to 2D and scores on the behavioral attributes in Part 2E will be summarized in this section. The cumulative scores will then be converted into an overall percentage score. It should be noted that in this part, the appraiser’s rating shall constitute the actual grade of the appraisee.
- PART 4 TRAINING NEEDS AND DEVELOPMENT; In this part, the appraisee is given the opportunity to state specific performance gaps that if addressed will improve the appraisee’s output and competencies. The appraiser will discuss the appraisee’s performance gaps and then propose what he/she thinks, as a supervisor, are the training interventions required.
- PART 5 COMMENTS BY THE COUNTERSIGNING OFFICER
The countersigning officer is the overall supervisor of both the appraisee and appraiser. He/she is required to validate the report.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
THE NEW APPRAISAL FORM FREE DOWNLOAD.
Click on the link below to download the new TPAD 2 form;
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals