The Teachers Service Commission was formed in July 1967 through an Act of Parliament to give teachers one employer and uniform terms and conditions of service. It was charged with the mandate of registering, employing, promoting, disciplining and paying teachers.
NEW TSC STRUCTURE
The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, developed a new Organization Structure and the following are the major highlights:-
Three Directorates each to be headed by a Deputy Commission Secretary (DCS) have been established. The Directorates are:-
- Finance and Administration
- Teacher Management
- Human Resource Management & Development.
Each Directorate will have Divisions, Sections and Sub-Sections.
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
A Division will be headed by a Director while a Section will be headed by a Senior Deputy Director. There are also specialized units to be headed by a Director or a Senior Deputy Director.
The following are the Directorates with the Divisions and the Specialized units under them:-
Teacher Management Directorate
- Staffing Division
- Quality Assurance and Standards & Teacher Registration Division
- Field Services Division
2. Finance and Administration Directorate
- Finance and Accounts Division
- General Administration Division
3. Human Resource Management & Development
- Human Resource Management Division
- Human Resource Development Section
- Pensions Section
4. Specialized Units
The following specialized units will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer:-
- Information, Communication and Technology
- Legal Services division
- Internal Audit division
- Corporate Communication section
- Policy Planning Research & Innovation section
- Supply Chain Management section
5. Decentralised Units
In addition to the existing Counties and Sub County structure, the Commission has established the following Regional Offices to be headed by TSC Regional Coordinators.
- Rift Valley
- North Eastern.
The Regional Coordinators will report to the Deputy Commission Secretary, Teacher Management.